Monday, February 9, 2009

PhotoPeach



PhotoPeach is a Web 2.0 app, similar to Animoto, w/ some very cool features. Let me start out by saying, if I had to choose one over the other I would go w/ Animoto. Animoto has been around longer, has a much bigger selection of music to choose from, and has a digital storytelling component specifically for education. For more info on that click here.

However, there are some aspects to PhotoPeach which make it appealing as well and even offers some functions that I approve over Animoto. Peach is super easy to use, making adding text and emoticons a breeze. This is ideal if you want to tell a story w/ a photo. PhotoPeach has a button upon completion of the slideshow, where you can select either Story Mode or Spiral, which switches on how it will be displayed on the web. While the Spiral mode is cool, I doubt I would use it in education, the Story Mode is definitely the way to go.

All in all it doesn't really matter which application you choose to go w/. They both are super easy to use, while Animoto has more features, it also isn't free (only for 30 seconds), while Peach is.

Below is an example of PhotoPeach...

The Boys on PhotoPeach

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!