Friday, August 6, 2010

Blog for Money

It has been no secret that times have been trying lately as I continue my search for employment. That being said, my wife came across a PT job that allows people to work from home while getting paid to blog on what they love most, for me that would be "web 2.0".

Having some apprehension but figuring I had nothing to lose I decided to send the company a post of mine w/ a link to my blog. A few days later I was contacted by their recruitment manager inquiring if I wanted to work for them PT as an independent contractor.

Although, I'm not sure how things will turn out, I will start sending them some of my posts to be published through their site. However, I want to assure people that I blog for the love of it not and for money. I will always keep this blog up and running and continue to collaborate w/ others as my PLN is a treasure more valuable then words can describe.

This is an exciting opportunity for me and for others who love to blog and I encourage them to click here for info on how they can pursue the same thing. I need to do what is best for my family and perhaps this is one way for me to help provide for them.

I want to give a heart felt thanks for everyone's support as my readers mean so very much to me.

If anyone has any questions please email me, and if anybody has any experience w/ blogging for money I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    I saw your recent post about blogging for money and was wondering if you had considered writing for Bright Hub? It would have to be original content that is not reproduced elsewhere, (like on your blog), but over time it works out to be a decent money earner. You get $10 per article up front, and residuals based on the number of times that people have viewed your article. The more you write, the more you earn, and over time you accumulate a bank of articles that will provide you a regular monthly income. There are lots of different channels you can write for, and I myself am represented on the Education Hub, and the Electronics Hub. I started with them last November, and have recently been made a contributing editor – which gives you even more opportunities to earn money by editing other people’s articles.

    I think that given your experience and expertise you would be a great fit for the Education channel. We are always looking for more technology articles on there as they are very popular with our online audience. As well as writing my own blog, The Education Technology Blog, I write many such articles myself, but sometimes feel like it is an uphill battle, so your presence would be very much appreciated! You can view my Bright Hub profile and recent articles here: http://www.brighthub.com/members/jonathanwylie.aspx If you are interested, you can sign up at https://secure.brighthub.com/user/writerregistration.aspx

    I am not on commission or anything like that, but I do know a lot of the managing editors there, and I would be happy to vouch for you, so by all means mention my name if you do apply.


    Best wishes,


    Jonathan Wylie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!